Intermark Group is seeking an experienced Broadcast Media Buyer. Candidates must have extensive experience negotiating and buying broadcast media at the local market level. Automotive or other fast-paced retail-oriented account experience preferred. Working knowledge of digital audio and video buying would be helpful as well.
- Utilize market research to understand the target audience and media habits
- Negotiate rates and schedules, taking into consideration market conditions, historical pricing, pre-emption levels, etc.
- Maintain all market buys and projects from beginning to end
- Post and analyze media campaign performance
- Manage market budgets
- Reconcile invoices each month
- Coordinate with Traffic to ensure all confirmed buys are uploaded in a timely manner
- Direct and train Media Assistants
Skills, abilities, experience and qualifications
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- 3-7 years’ experience of media planning/buying
- Must have a proficient understanding and working knowledge of media measurements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with focus on Marketing, Advertising or Communications
- Experience evaluating and purchasing local broadcast schedules
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to analyze and interpret research data
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team
- Self-motivated and adaptable
- Good interpersonal skills and relationships with vendors
- Experience with media buying software, such as Strata, Nielsen, TAPSCAN and/or SQAD
- Proficient in basic computer programs, such as Microsoft Office
THIS POSITION WILL BE BASED IN BIRMINGHAM, AL.
Intermark Group offers a great work environment, competitive salaries and a full range of benefits, including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) and more.
To apply for this job, email Jim Poh. Please include a PDF of your resume.