Alloy’s engineering team combines full-stack engineers with UI/UX engineers and graphic designers to create intuitive user experiences that are reliable, secure, and easily maintainable to meet demand. We are a custom software company providing solutions to a variety of clients in multiple industries including automotive, aviation, and foodservice. We use modern software delivery methodologies and cloud-based infrastructure to consistently deliver value at a sustainable pace. At Alloy, the Tech Lead is responsible for all aspects of the software development process within the project. This includes planning, estimation, research, architecture, organization, tactical planning and strategic planning. As a thought-leader within the organization, we invite Tech Leads to bring past experience to execute, mentor and grow our current development team.
What You Will Do
- Provide direction for all of the team’s technical activities; including technical communications, architectural decisions, code reviews, developer training, and complex prototyping.
- Produce, document, and review estimates of upcoming work, taking into account various risk factors, team expertise, and past performance, including comparisons of various possible architectures.
- Maintain constant expertise on advancements in software engineering, the evolution and status of internal systems, internet trends, competitor activities, and client industry changes; sufficient to make informed decisions on all technical matters.
- Drive the technical side of the pre-production stage of software development, including requirements gathering, change management, and the documentation of software designs to ensure quality in the design of large-scale high-complexity projects, scalable frameworks, and reusable platforms.
- Ensure the technical team follows best practices and defined processes, including the creation, refinement, documentation, and standardization of new processes and procedures to produce repeatable results.
- Plan and oversee detailed assignments for junior staff in each sprint to ensure project success, nurture constant staff growth, deliver on long-term objectives, balance workloads, produce measurable progress on deliverables, ensure quality, and incrementally improve internal systems.
- Develop subject matter expertise (SME) in client environments, with an understanding of the client’s industry, required technical architectures, and data structures. Becoming the lead technical communicator with client representatives for both business and technical contacts.
- Position team to deliver on future growth, including ascertaining team’s current strengths, weakness, and opportunities, managing team resourcing and hiring, maintaining awareness and expertise on opportunities to expand, share, or improve internal systems, identify and neutralize future threats to team performance and profit, and improve internal processes.
What we definitely need:
- Significant experience with public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Strong understanding of database services including SQL, Postgres, and MongoDB.
- Successful history of project planning, estimation, architecture, and prototyping.
- 7+ years of experience developing, deploying, and supporting multiple applications in a production environment.
- Working within a team structure demonstrating leadership, counsel and supervision of a group of 3-6 employees to achieve goals contributing to successful projects and growth of the organization.
Nice to haves:
- Bachelor of Science in CS or MIS
- Technical certifications are a plus
- Experience with C#, .Net Core, MVC
- Involvement in mobile application development using both native and hybrid technologies with iOS (Swift/Objective-C), Android (Java), React Native, and Xamarin.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodology best practices
Location: Birmingham, AL
Position: Full-time employee
To apply, email: firstname.lastname@example.org